BEETROOT PORIYAL (Beetroot Stir-fry) | Side dish
Beetroot Stir-fry, commonly known in the south as beetroot poriyal, is one of the easiest, but most healthy dishes to make. It is a tasty and delicious dish, because, not all healthy dishes taste bad! The sweetness of the beetroots, mixed with the various spices, it is a perfect dish for kids, teens and old people alike.
A perfect side for any dish or delicacy, Mrs. Hema Subramanian shows you an easy recipe to master this dish.
Beetroot - 2 no.'s finely grated
Onion - 2 no.'s chopped
Green chilli - 2 no.'s
Few Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Garlic - 4 cloves (Optional)
Grated Coconut - 2 Tsp. (Optional)
Oil - 4 Tsp.
Chana Dal - 1 Tsp.
Urad Dal - 1 Tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1/2 Tsp.
Asafoetida powder - 1/4 Tsp.
1. Heat 4 tsp.s of Oil in a pan.
2. Add the Tempering ingredients (Chana Dal, Urad Dal, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds & Asafoetida powder) to the pan.
3. Once Mustard seeds start crackling, add the onions, green chillis, and curry leaves. Saute it.
4. Once the Onions turn transparent in colour add some salt and finely grated Beetroot. Mix well.
5. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Add the pounded Garlic to the pan (Optional) & mix well. Close the lid again & let the beetroot cook completely.
7. Garnish it with Grated Coconut (Optional).
8. Serve it with Rice or chapati.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com