To Make the masala powder.
1. To a pan add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, peppercorns and red chillies. Dry roast them for 3 mins or until you get nice aroma.
2. Cool the spices and grind them into fine powder.
To Make Pepper Chicken.
3. To a pan add oil and whole spices and onions. Saute until they are brown.
4. Add freshly pound ginger and garlic. Saute for few mins.
5. Add the tomatoes and saute it.
6. Once the tomato is half cooked add the turmeric powder and salt.
7. Now add the chicken pieces well.
8. Once the chicken is no more pink add water. Mix well.
9. Cover and cook for 15 mins.
10. After the 15 mins, add the ground masala mix.
11. Cook until the moisture evaporates.
12. Add a few curry leaves and mix.
13. Cover and cook for another 10 mins.
14. Check for seasoning and add if requited.
15. Chettinad pepper chicken masala is ready.