Traditionally a Mughlai dish, Chicken Chaap is a rich gravy that has a distinct texture. A dish that is always makes an appearance at the arrival of unexpected guests every now and then, it surely falls in the category of comfort foods! Almost always made with a full leg of chicken, including the thigh as well, this dish can never be too hot or spicy, even as chillies are used without much scrimping! This makes it a perfect dish to be served, be it to kids, teens, or old people!
Chicken - 2 whole legs
Oil - 2 Tbsp.
Ghee - 2 Tbsp.
Water - 2 cups
Kewra water - 1 tsp.
Rose water - 1 tsp. (optional)
Onion paste - 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp.
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
Kashmiri chili powder - 2 tsp.
Cumin powder - 1 tsp.
Coriander powder - 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp.
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Sugar - 3/4 tsp.
Yogurt/Curd - 200 grams
Besan/Gram flour - 4 Tbsp.
Buy plates: https://goo.gl/APtLG9
Buy kewra water: https://goo.gl/1C1Vy3
Buy Kashmiri chili powder: https://goo.gl/fBDgLZ
1. Cut slits in the chicken legs.
2. In a mixing bowl add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, salt, sugar, saffron water, yogurt/curd and besan/gram flour.
3. Mix the marinade and pour it over the chicken legs.
4. Rub it in the chicken slits well. Let it sit in and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
5. Heat some oil and ghee in a wide kadai.
6. Add the chicken and roast it on both sides for few minutes.
7. Now pour the marinated masala and water.
8. Cook the chicken till it is 3/4th cooked.
9. Then add kewra water and rose water (optional).
10. Cook the chicken till it’s completely cooked.
11. Your chicken chaap is ready to be served.
This dish is best when accompanied with some healthy and fulfilling rice. Serve it hot with Naan, chapatti, biryani or pulao to enjoy the best combinations!
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com