DOUBLE BEAN CURRY | Main course - Curry
Double Beans or Lima Beans are high in protein, iron, dietary fiber and other nutrients. They are great for vegetarians and vegans looking for low fat, protein-rich food. You can prepare a variety of dishes using double beans like sambar, double beans pulao, kurma, curry, sundal etc.Today we will learn how to make Double Beans curry following this easy recipe.
To pressure cook:
Double Bean - 150 grams
To make Masala paste:
Poppy seeds/Khus khus - 1/2 Tsp
Fennel seeds/Saunf - 1/2 Tsp
Soaked Badam/Almond (Remove skin)
Few Cashew nuts/Kaju
Grated Coconut - 3 Tsp
To make curry:
Oil - 2 Tsp
Onion - 2 no.’s chopped
Green chilli - 2 no.’s slit
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 Tsp
Tomato - 3 no.’s chopped
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
Chilli powder - 2 Tsp
Chopped Coriander leaves
Double Bean Curry Recipe in English: https://goo.gl/hApq2V
Vada Curry Recipe: https://goo.gl/WPoEU8
Soya Chunks Curry Recipe: https://goo.gl/sv7AgL
1. Take the fresh double beans and remove the skin. (If you use dried double beans, soak overnight)
2. Add the fresh double beans and enough water to a cooker and pressure cook it.
3. Once the double beans are cooked, let it sit aside. Do not discard the water.
4. Now, take a pan and add some oil.
5. Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, chopped onions and sauté until the onion turn transparent.
6. Add the slit green chillies and sauté until the onion turn brown in colour.
7. Add the ginger-garlic paste and the chopped tomatoes and mix.
8. Now, add the salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder to the pan. Cook until the tomatoes become mushy.
9. Add the cooked double beans with the water to the pan.
10. Mix well. Add a little more water.
11. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
12. Meanwhile, in a mixer jar, add some poppy seeds, fennel seeds, soaked almonds, cashew nuts and freshly grated coconut.
13. Add a little water and grind to a fine paste.
14. Add this ground masala paste to the pan and mix well.
15. Add a little more water, close the lid, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
16. Now, open the lid and add the chopped coriander leaves.
17. Your double bean curry is ready to be served. Serve hot with any Indian breads like Roti, chapati or paratha.
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecooking...
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com