DOUBLE DECKER KALAKAND | Sweets & Savouries
Sweets are those delicacies that make a definite appearance in every Indian festival and function, be it Diwali, a housewarming party or a wedding function. And kalakand is one of the most common sweets at these occasions. Yet, most people prefer to order them from sweet shops rather than preparing them at home. Maybe they believe it to be a hard to prepare sweet. Yet, I believe that kalakand's are one of the easiest and simplest sweets to be made. But, why settle for a simple kalakand? We are here with a simple recipe, not to the ordinary kalakand, but a double-decker kalakand! After all, nothing wrong with indulging your chocoholic kids, family and friends' obsession on this special occasion!
Milk - 1 litre
Paneer - 200 gms finely grated
Khoa (Unsweetened) - 200 gms
Cardamom powder - 1 Tsp.
Sugar - 1 cup
Hot Milk - 1 Tbsp.
Cocoa powder - 2 Tsp.
Chopped Pistachios (Unsalted)
1. Boil the milk in a pan until it thickens and reduces in quantity.
2. Now add the grated paneer to the milk. Mix well.
3. Now, add the Khoa to the milk. Mix well.
4. Add some cardamom powder to the milk. Give it a quick stir.
5. Add a cup of sugar to the milk and mix well. Keep mixing until all the moisture evaporates and it becomes nice and thick.
6. Grease the setting pan with some ghee.
7. Split the contents of the pan (batter) into two equal parts and transfer half the batter to the setting pan. Press it down and level it using a spoon.
8. Now, add 2 Tsp.'s of cocoa powder to a tablespoon of hot milk. Mix well in one direction, making sure no lumps are formed.
9. Add this cocoa-milk mixture to the pan with the remaining batter and mix well.
10. Now, add the remaining cocoa-batter to the setting pan on top of the plain batter and gently press down using the spoon and level it using the spoon.
11. Garnish with some finely chopped pistachios!
12. Level it evenly using the backside of a flat spoon.
13. Let it cool and then refrigerate it for one hour.
14. After an hour, remove it and cut it into several pieces of equal size.
15. Finally, your Double-Decker Kalakand is ready to be served!
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com