Kadalai Parupu Payasam | Pongal Special with Easyday Club
Pongal is a harvest festival of Tamil Nadu. This four days long festival of Tamil Nadu is celebrated for showing gratitude to nature. Payasams are generally made during any auspicious festivals. Kadala Parupu Payasam or Chana Dal payasam is a delicious mix of jaggery and coconut milk.
Prep time - 20 mins
Cook time - 30 mins
Number of servings - 4 persons
Chana Dal - 1 cup
Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Jaggery - 250 gms
Dry ginger powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cashews nuts - 1 tbsp
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Chopped Coconut - 2 tbsp
#HarGharKiSankrant #CelebrateTheHarvest #EasydayClub #kadalaparupupayasam #payasam #sweet #sweetrecipe #payasamrecipe
1. Wash 1 cup of chana dal & 1/2 cup of moong dal.
2. Pressure cook the dals for about 5 whistles on medium flame.
3. Meanwhile, melt 250 gms jaggery in water.
4. Turn off the stove once all the jaggery is dissolved.
5. In a wide pan add 1 tbsp of ghee, roast the cashew nuts, raisins and keep aside.
6. Next, roast the 2 tbsp of chopped Coconut and keep aside.
7. Check if the dals are cooked, mash them slightly
8. In the same pan, strain the melted jaggery and bring to boil.
9. Now add the cooked dals and mash it lightly.
10. Mix well and add 1 tsp of dry ginger powder, 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
11. Reduce the flame to low and now add 1 cup of Coconut milk. Stir it well.
12. Add roasted coconut, cashew nuts & raisins. Mix well.
13. Kadalai Parupu Payasam is ready to be served. It tastes best when served warm.
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com