Kakarakaya Kura (Bitter Gourd stir fry)
Bitter Gourd - 4 to 5 cut into round
Onion - 2 thinly sliced
Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Brown sugar (or) Powdered Jaggery - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
A few Curry leaves
To make Masala powder
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Red chilli - 4 to 5
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
1. Boil bitter gourd for about 10 minutes with salt, turmeric and tamarind to reduce the bitterness.
2. Strain the excess water and remove tamarind pulp.
3. To make masala powder - grind fenugreek seeds, coriander powder, fennel seeds and whole red chilles.
4. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add mustard seeds to it. Once they start splattering, add asafoetida powder and curry leaves.
5. Add onions and sauté for a few minutes.
6. Add bitter gourd, masala powder, powdered jaggery/brown sugar and salt.
7. Cook for 5 minutes and it's ready to be served with rice or chapathi.
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com