CABBAGE STIR FRY | Side dish
Cabbage Stir fry, commonly known in the south as cabbage poriyal, is one of the most easy, but most healthy dishes to make. It is a healthy leafy vegetable which is helpful in fighting various diseases. This is known to be a common dish in most dietary menus. A perfect side for any dish or delicacy, Mrs. Hema Subramanian shows you an easy recipe to master this dish.
Cabbage -1 finely chopped
Shallots - 1 cup (slices)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Coconut oil - 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Red chilli - 3
A few Curry leaves
Grated Coconut for garnish
Buy pan - https://goo.gl/TqvZiL
Buy coconut oil - https://goo.gl/yhRKLK
1. Chop the cabbage finely and keep aside.
2. Slice the shallots into halves or quarters.
3. In a mixing bowl, add cabbage, turmeric powder, shallots and mix them well.
1. In a wide pan, heat some coconut oil.
2. Heat some mustard seeds, cumin seeds and pieces of red chilli. Once the mustard seeds starts splattering, add curry leaves and the cabbage mixture.
3. Sauté it for a few minutes and then add chilli powder, salt. Mix it well.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for a few more minutes.
5. Finally, garnish it with grated coconut.
Cabbage stir fry is a dish that goes well with any type of rice, be it curd rice, sambar rice or some sort of kuzhambu. North Indians are even known to make a few alterations and adding tomatoes to this dish and have it as a side dish to roti’s.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com