#Mushroom #MushroomBiryani #Mushrooms
Mushroom Biryani in Pressure cooker - Recipe
Ghee - 2 Tbsp
Bay leaf - 2 to 3 nos
Star Anise - 1 no
Cardamom pods - 3 nos
Clove - 4 to 5 nos
Onions - 3 nos (Chopped)
A piece of Ginger (chopped)
Few cloves of Garlic (chopped)
Green chilies - 2 nos
Red Chili paste - 3 tsp
Grated Coconut - 5 tsp
Few Coriander leaves
Few Mint leaves
Grind to paste
Add little Water
Tomatoes - 2 nos (chopped)
Mushrooms - 500 gms
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Coriander & Mint leaves - 1/2 bunch
Basmati Rice - 300 ml - (soaked 30 mins in water)
Water - 450 ml
1. Soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes
2. Heat ghee in the pressure cooker
3. Add bay Leaves, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves & onions. Saute till brown
4. Mean while, grind ginger, garlic, green chilis, chili paste, grated coconut, coriander & mint leaves with little water to a paste
5. Add the ground masala to the browned onions. Cook till the smell disappears and the oil separates.
6. Now add tomatoes, mushrooms, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, coriander & mint leaves. Mix well
7. Add soaked basmati rice and mix gently. Reduce flame to low-medium
8. Add water and mix. check for seasoning.
9. Close the lid and put flame to medium high. Wait for steam, then put on the weight
10. Cook for 1 whistle. Turn off.
Ghee - 3 tsp
Bay leaf - 1 no.
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Few cloves of Garlic
Piece of Ginger
Green chili - 1 no.
Onion - 2 nos grated
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Chili powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Mushroom - 500 gms
Shahi Masala powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Few chopped Coriander leaves
For Shahi Masala powder
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Peppercorns - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp
Black Cardamom - 2 nos
Green Cardamom - 2 nos
Piece of Cinnamon
Piece of Mace/Javitri
For Cashew paste
For Shahi Masala powder:
1.Take coriander seeds, pepper corns, cumin seeds, shahi jeera, black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon sticks, clove, mace/javitri and dry roast all these together. Turn off the stove (Buy : https://goo.gl/Pu97xG
)after 2 to 3 minutes & cool the mixture. Grind to fine powder. Shahi Masala powder is ready keep aside.
2. Grind (Buy : https://goo.gl/BPiR5y
) cashew nuts by adding water to a paste. Keep aside.
3. Take a sauce pan (Buy : https://goo.gl/X9hRl6
)add ghee, bay leaf, cumin seeds, roughly pound garlic, green chili & ginger.
Then add onion & saute it.
4. After onion turns brown add tomato puree, salt, turmeric powder, kashmiri chili powder, cumin powder and water. Close the lid (Buy : https://goo.gl/HVptwr
) and cook till raw smell goes off.
5. Take an another pan add ghee and mushrooms. Stir fry it.
6. Add cashew nut paste, shahi masala powder and sugar in to the tomato puree mixture. Mix it well together.
7. Add fried mushrooms to the mixture and mix it well. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Finally add lemon juice and garnish it with coriander leaves.
9. Shahi Mushroom is ready to serve with chapati, roti or rice
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Whole Spices (Cinnamon, Clove & Cardamom)
Shallots - 20 nos thinly sliced
Mushroom - 200 grams
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Chilli powder - 2 Tsp
Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Coconut paste - 1 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Chopped Coriander leaves
1. Take a pressure cooker. Add a little oil and the whole spices to the cooker.
2. Add the thinly sliced shallots to the cooker and saute.
3. Once the onions turn transparent in colour, add the chopped mushrooms.
4. Add some salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
5. Mix well and add a half cup of water.
6. Pressure cook for two whistles on a medium flame.
7. After the mushrooms are cooked, add the coconut paste and mix well.
8. Add a cup of water and bring it to a boil for about 10 minutes.
9. Finally, add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame!
10. Voila! Your Mushroom Korma is ready! Serve hot with some chapatti or plain steaming rice!