Modaks or Khozhukattai's are the first things that come to our mind when we think of offering to Lord Ganesha on Ganesh Chathurthi. Here, I have made a traditional Sweet Modak/ Khozhukattai. I hope you enjoy this recipe and you try it for this Ganesh Chathurthi.
Jaggery - 100 gms
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
Modak flour - 1 cup
Gingelly Oil - 1 tsp
1. Heat some water in a pan and add jaggery to it.
2. Melt the jaggery completely and keep it aside
3. In a kadai, add some ghee and roast some grated coconut till they lose their moisture
4. After the coconut is roasted, filter the jaggery and add it to the coconut.
5. Mix them well and cook them until the mixture thickens
6. Add a pinch of cardamom powder and turn off the stove
7. Take a cup of modak flour and add salt, oil and hot water and mix well
8. Knead the dough well for 5 minutes
9. Rest the dough for 10 minutes
10. Take a mould and apply some oil on it and put some dough on both the sides of the mould and fill the center with the sweet filling
11. Close the mould and hold the mould for a couple of seconds and release the modaks from the moulds and keep it aside
12. Steam the modaks for 5-7 minutes
13. Sweet Modaks are ready to be served now. Celebrate your Ganesh Chathurthi with these Sweet offerings!
Boondi Ladoo Recipe: https://goo.gl/8ra7ZZ
Green Gram Ladoo Recipe: https://goo.gl/UBJcRG
#Kozhukattai #SweetKozhukattai #Modhakam
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com