Chana Dal - 1 1/4 Cups (Buy: https://amzn.to/36IbEpv)
Walnut - 1/2 Cup
Fennel Seeds - 1 1/2 Tsp (Buy: https://amzn.to/2u1p6rl)
Salt - 1 Tsp (Buy: https://amzn.to/2vg124l)
Onion - 2 Nos Chopped
Green Chilli - 3 Nos Chopped
Ginger - 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped
Curry Leaves Finely Chopped
Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
Oil For Deep Frying (Buy: https://amzn.to/2RGYvrw)
1. Soak the chana dal for 3 hours.
2. Drain the excess water. Keep aside some chana dal to be used later.
3. To a mixer jar, add chana dal, walnuts, fennel seeds and salt. Pulse this a few times.
4. Tranfer the ground chana mixture to a bowl.
5. Add onion, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves, corainder leaves, soaked chana dal, chopped walnuts and mix well.
6. Check for seasoning and add accordingly.
7. Make patties of the mixture and keep it aside.
8. Heat oil in a kadaai and gentle drop the prepared vadas into the oil.
9. Fry them on medium flame until they are golden brown in colour.
10. Serve them hot with coconut chutney.