Andhra Style Mango Dal (Mavadikaya Pappu) - Recipe
Ingredients: Raw Mango - 1 large (deskinned & cut to big cubes)
Water - 2 cups
Toor dal -1 cup (rinsed)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Onion - 2 nos (choped)
Green chili - 1 no. (chopped)
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Split urad dal - 1 tsp
Dry red chilis - 2 nos
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder - 1 tsp
Garlic - few cloves (crushed)
few curry leaves
1. In a pressure cooker add water, toor dal, turmeric powder, oil, onion, green chili, raw mango pieces and chilli powder.
2. No need to stir. Just close and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
3. Once cooked, add salt and gently mix
4. Heat ghee & oil. Temper urad dal, dry red chilis, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder, garlic and curry leaves
5. Add the cooked mango dal and mix. Done!