Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Vermicelli / Semiya - 1 Cup (250 Ml)
Water - 2 1/2 Cups
A Pinch Of Orange Food Colour
Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Today we are going to see how to make Semiya Kesari or Vermicelli Kesari sweet recipe or Meethi seviyan or suki Meeti seviyan. This sweet is very famous in India and especially in South India. It is usually served as a dessert or starter along with meals at wedding, temples and even offered as prasadam on festivals and special events. Making of this kesari is very quick and easy which involves frying of Semiya, nuts in ghee post which adding of sugar making this delicious vermicelli Kesari, If you follow tips, measures and steps illustrated in the video exactly best taste guaranteed. Hope you try this yummy recipe at your home and enjoy.
1. Add ghee to a pan and spread.
2. Add vermicelli to the pan and roast until it is golden brown in colour.
3. Transfer it to a plate and let it sit.
4. To the same pan, add ghee and cashews. Roast.
5. Once the cashews are golden brown in colour, add the raisins and roast them until they plump up. Keep them aside.
6. Take a large pan and add water to it. Boil until there are bubbles in it.
7. Add the roasted vermicelli to it and mix. Close the pan and cook the vermicelli on a medium flame.
8. After the vermicelli is half cooked, add orange food colour and give it a quick mix.
9. Cook the vermicelli fully and add sugar. Mix and add cardamom powder.
10. Keep mixing and cooking until the sugar syrup is thickened.
11. Then add the roasted cashews and raisins. Add ghee and mix well.
12. This beautiful Semiya Kesari is ready to be served hot or at room temperature.
Happy cooking with HomeCookingShow Recipes.
Try out our Other Recipes:
Instant Rice Payasam : https://youtu.be/pWZhCEJAG5w
Semiya Payasam : https://youtu.be/TZaerO-iNBI
Aravana Payasam : https://youtu.be/9M9CHMbT420
Lauki Payasam : https://youtu.be/yHCs7QKgfHo
Payasam : https://youtu.be/3VE-xbGug6k
Ravva Kesari: https://youtu.be/OGQ_E1HZ8AI
Tender coconut payasam : https://youtu.be/5a0BshR4w0Q
Mango Sooji Kesari: https://youtu.be/Huh9hzKv-VE
Aravana Paayasam: https://youtu.be/9M9CHMbT420
You can buy our book and classes on https://www.21frames.in/shop
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecooking...
A Ventuno Production : https://www.ventunotech.com/