Carrot - 2 finely cut up
Onion - 2 finely chopped
Green chilli - 1 cut up
A few cloves of Garlic
Toor dal - 2 tbsp
Moong dal - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
A few Curry leaves
Asafoetida powder a pinch
1. First step is to pressure cook the Toor dal, Moong dal by adding 1 glass of water.
2. Heat Oil in a pan, add Urad dal, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Asafoetida powder, Onion, Green chilli, Curry leaves, pounded Garlic & sauté it.
3. Once the onion turns transparent add Carrot, Salt, Turmeric powder & mix it.
4. Now add little Water to cook the carrot.
5. Next Grind grated Coconut, Cumin seeds into coarse paste. Note - Don't add any water while grinding.
6. Now add Cooked dal to the sauce pan & mix it well. Its little thick, so dilute it with a little water & let it cook for 2 minutes.
7. Finally add the coconut, cumin paste & mix it well.
8. Carrot Kootu is done serve it with hot rice.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking